Featured post

Questions- Answered!

What is a Doula? A Doula provides emotional and physical support to mothers and families during their pregnancy and birth journey. A Dou...

Thursday, 28 April 2016

Questions- Answered!

What is a Doula?

A Doula provides emotional and physical support to mothers and families during their pregnancy and birth journey.

A Doula provides continuity of care by taking the time to get to know you, your family and your birth preferences.

A Doula has sound knowledge about pregnancy and birth processes and uses this knowledge to prepare you for labour and birth.


Who needs a Doula?

All women deserve a Doula! No matter how you plan to birth your baby, a Doula is there to support you on your journey.

But can't my husband/ friend/ mother/ sister support me?

Absolutely they can. A Doula can support your friends and family to fill their role in a way that is comfortable for them, while using her knowledge of birth and experience help you in your decision making, providing physical and emotional comfort.

So... what exactly does a Doula do?

My complete package is $900 and includes:

2x Prenatal Appointments: I get to know you and your birth preferences and we create a birth plan together.

Labour and Birth support: This includes me being on call for you around the time you are expected to birth. I can come to you during labour at home or in the hospital (your preference) and stay with you until after your birth.

1x Postnatal Visit: Usually in your home, this visit gives you the opportunity to debreif the birth, talk about new issues that have come up, or just to rest while I take care of things around the house.

Library: I also have small library of books and DVDs which you may borrow during your pregnancy.


My Birth Planning Service is $110 and includes:

1x 2 Hour Appointment:
We meet and discuss your birth wishes and create a customised birth plan.

Email support: for finalisation of birth plan draft.

How do I contact you?

Email me at ellencroucher@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!